Tuesday 31 March 2009

Currently listening to...

I know I'm blogging furiously like a writer on speed at the moment. It's merely because I have a bit of time on my hands and as usual, quite a lot to say. Thought I'd get some blogs up now as we're pretty busy this month and may not have too much time so you can slowly gander over these if you fancy it.

I had one of those days today. You know, when you feel everyone around you is pushing your buttons and you just can't take it anymore. You are hypersensitive, you hate yourself and others and on top of it all, your ongoing stomach condition decides to go totally mental.

Jesus.

Anyway, here are some sights and sounds of a few favourite bands.

Enjoy.
D-Bird

MAZZY STAR


I don't think I've mentioned how much Mazzy Star mean to me. It's because they are just so special and I never felt that the time was right. When I first heard and saw Mazzy Star, I was completely blown away. I adore Hope Sandoval. Her extreme introvertedness, shyness and gentle voice make her such a unique frontwoman. She proves that you don't have to be the typical in your face, wild, attention-loving frontperson to make an impact. Hope is also of mixed Mexican-American origin and I also found this inspiring when I was growing up. PLEASE check out this band and her later side project, Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions if you haven't already.


THE SMITHS
You either love or hate this band. Either way, you can't deny that Morrissey is a lyrical genius. I've been living in my green Smiths sweatshirt a lot lately. I love it almost as much as my Nirvana one. Haven't worn that one too much lately as I feel I look rather emo in it all of a sudden.

Anyway, here is Girl Afraid, which is the story of my life:


Girl afraid,
Where do his intentions lay ?
Or does he even have any ?

She said
He never really looks at me
I give him every opportunity
In the room downstairs
She sat and stared
In the room downstairs
She sat and stared
I'll never make that mistake again

I'll never make that mistake again
I'll never make that mistake again


Boy afraid
Prudence never pays
And everything she wants costs money
But she doesn't even like me
And I know because she said so
In the room downstairs
She sat and stared
In the room downstairs
She sat and stared
I'll never make that mistake again

THE VELVET UNDERGROUND
Always. Whether to get revved up or to chill right down. The only music that really matters to me from the 60s besides a few girl groups.

No comments: