Monday 13 April 2009

A time to reflect

I have spent the last couple of days at home. Family, chocolate and endless re-runs of come dine with me. I'm feeling rested but can't wait to get back into the studio again. Spending time away is always good. Sometimes you just need a bit of time to recharge and to reflect about the past week or so. I have come to realise that im never satisfied. I always want more. The brat that i am can not grasp the fact that there are not enough hours in the day or that simply i need to slow down. Fuck it i don't care. Lets not be satisfied. We shouldn't be too comfortable anyway. Life should always take you by surprise and once your are too satisfied with life you can't look ahead.
We've written some new songs one of which we showcased last week at the Lydia Lunch gig. Working title at the moment is Devotion. X-Bird is on thrashing bass, D-Bird is on kick arse drums and i'm on vocal duty. I really wanted you guys to here it but we don't currently have a sound bite to share with you. Here are the lyrics anyway.

Devotion

Dirty, so dirty
Emotions collide
Show me
Show me
Devotion, devotion

On your knees
On your knees
Don't you burn out
Don't you fade out

Show me
Show me
Devotion, devotion

Make of what you will from the words. They are quite stark and litteral. I have my own reasons. I suppose i was a little fucked off with someone. But hey don't let the bastards kick you down.

C-Bird

No comments: