Saturday 15 November 2008

The Knife



I've been a massive fan of The Knife for a few years now. I was lucky enough to see them twice in 2005 - once at the Norwegian Oya Festival and then again at The Forum. They rarely tour so I made sure I caught them live as much as possible.


I still stand by the fact that they are one of the best live bands I've ever seen. The visual display is thought-enhancing to such a level that you don't need any intoxicants to heighten your senses. They are phenomenal.

However what I truly love about this band despite their melodic dance beats and super visual display, is their ability to write beautiful ballads too. 'Pass It On' and 'NY Hotel' are some of these little gems. I particularly love the video for NY Hotel as it demonstrates the raw versatility of this band - they can do black and white drawings and ballads as well as they can do colourful, vibrant dance beats. All the hallmarks of a great band.



D-Bird

No comments: