Tuesday 18 November 2008

1990s Teen Actors - Christian Slater


Now The Bird household is awash with many records, films and books - spanning everything from 1960s pop to dark Industrial, Korean arthouse films to The Lost Boys. It's the way we like to do things around here - we don't like to stick to one genre and instead we like to immerse ourselves in everything - whether people agree or not, the best way to learn about music, film and art is to have an open mind.

I've always been a huge fan of Teen movies - however I prefer those from the 80s and 90s to the newer batch of Teen films like American Pie.

One actor who I've always held in high regard is Christian Slater. I love True Romance, Untamed Heart and one of my all-time favourites, Heathers. I saw him perform in the West End at the theatre production of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest a few years ago and he blew me away. He's a great actor, shame about the wife-beating though....

Anyway, I felt that Christian still deserved a mention for entertaining me for many years. X-Bird is a huge fan of another icon of ours, River Phoenix so be sure to hear more about him sooner or later...
D-Bird

No comments: