Friday 21 November 2008

Currently listening to...



Elastica
I almost had a fit when I thought I'd lost my Elastica vinyl but silly me had plonked it on a shelf and put loads of other records in front of it. Panic over. Stutter remains one of my most favourite songs of theirs - you can't really beat 2 minute sharp, short, pop songs.


Smashing Pumpkins
People either loathe or love Billy Corgan. Siamese Dream remains one of my most favourite albums and Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness deserves a lot more credit than it ever received - a mix of harsh rock and fragile ballads - it is pretty astounding. I love this acoustic version of Cherub Rock although I'm not too sure about Corgan's choice of clothing in the clip.... I'm thinking of doing a Decasia Unplugged early next year. It'd be great to see current bands strip down and do some acoustic stuff.


The Big Pink
We are playing with them tonight at 171 Glyn Road in Lower Clapton, E5 at Don't Mention The War. I've been listening to their stuff all week and really like it. I particularly like Too Young To Love and A Brief History of Love. I can't wait to see them live. Reminds me a bit of A Place To Bury Strangers and The Warlocks in some places.


D-Bird

No comments: