Sunday 13 December 2009

XMAS

I can hear carol singers outside my bedroom window as I type! There's something about this time of year that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. All I want to do is basically curl up under the duvet, eat chocolate and watch 'Home Alone'.

I did the whole eating chocolate in bed thing yesterday which made me think of Barbara Cartland for some reason... I wasn't wearing a frilly nightie or a gown with a caribou trim but I should have...

The carol singers are getting progressively louder....

I'm thinking of going to my local carol service this year, haven't done it for years. It always amuses me when people get over zealous with the singing, song books shaking as they hit the high notes! Oh yeaaaah. I'm definitely going this year!

A friend of mine recently went to her nephews school nativity play where he played the role of a star to dramatic effect so i am told! Oh how i miss the excitement of the school nativity! I once played Mary when I was 5/6 years old. The role meant I had to sing a christmas carol to the Jesus dolly i was cradling quite haphazardly i must say. For example I'm pretty sure babies, even those who are the sons of God should not be carried upside down etc etc... I remember how as I was singing a rendition of Away In The Manger I forgot the second verse of the carol. Children being so honest about things, I just stopped singing, put my hand against my mouth in overly dramatic shock and exclaimed, 'Oh dear!!! I don't know the words!' I have to say I got a lot of 'ahhhs' and 'how cute' for that little escapade. Major drama and what a drama queen! I even have the whole thing on video somewhere. These days I'm happy to say I'm a lot more professional about things... C-Bird was an angel at the same nativity and had to hold her arms up in the air like a halo for 3 or 4 minutes, quite some feat for a 5 year old kid! haha But the ol' girl got through it, even though her costume consisted of a white bed sheet and a tinsel halo that kept falling over her eyes. What a pro! At least she didn't have to wear a tea towel over her head like our shepherd friends in the nativity.

I have a 2 year old nephew and I can't wait until he's old enough to be part of the school nativity. Moments like these are pure gold. My parents still go on about it!

The Christmas tree is up and my house currently looks like a giant ball of tinsel, probably a major fire hazard but if every inch of my walls aren't covered in the stuff then it ain't Christmas.

HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS!

X-Bird

No comments: