Monday 17 August 2009

MAAIKE MEKKING



Today I met up with my friend Maaike in her Whitechapel studio. Maaike is an amazing womens fashion designer who I've known for a few years through the London club scene. Her and her boyfriend Michael used to run the best club night ever - Jack & Ginger at Bethnal Green Working Mens Club. It still remains the best club I've ever been to - great music, great bands, great performance art and great punters. I used to look forward to the last Saturday of every month SO much!


But alas, life always pulls us in different directions and for Maaike it was fashion that lured her to adventures far and wide. Her work is absolutely stunning - her clothes have a very timeless, classic yet quirky feel - a real reflection of Maaike's own unique style and personality.



I was very happy when she approached me about working together a few weeks ago. I'm very excited to be collaborating on a short film for her London Fashion Week show which takes place on September 21st in London.

This collaboration involves another collaboration of which more details will be revealed soon.


Stay tuned!
D-Bird

No comments: